Education Facilities in Shannon Region
Home to two prestigious universities and distinguished technical colleges
- Located along the River Shannon
- Built on a 340-acre campus
- Lies just 5 km from the city centre
- Has in excess of 11,000 full-time undergraduate students, 1,500 part-time students, over 800 research postgraduates and 1,300 taught postgraduate students
- Four campuses in Limerick city, one in Thurles, one in Clonmel and a regional learning centre in Ennis
- Main campus in Limerick housing the Faculty of Applied Science, Engineering and Technology and the School of Business and Humanities
- School of Art & Design is located at the Clare Street and George’s Quay.
- LIT has twice been named as The Sunday Times Institute of Technology of the Year in (2008,2013)
- Main campus in Tralee housing the Faculty of Applied Science, Engineering and Technology and the School of Business and Humanities
- Undergraduate, Graduate and PostDoc Researchers & Innovators
- Links with Technology Transfer Offices in educational institutions across the region.
- Is located right in the heart of Galway city with over 90 buildings on 105 hectares of land
- Has over 17,000 students and more than 2,400 staff
- Enjoys a distinguished reputation as a research-led university with a commitment to top-quality teaching
- Is undergoing a €400 million expansion programme
- Was twice named University of the Year in The Sunday Times University Guide
- Located across a number of locations in the west, GMIT was awarded Irish ‘Institute of Technology’ of the year award 2015 by the Sunday Times.
- GMIT is home to ‘Innovation in Business Centres’ which were established with the support of Enterprise Ireland, and have a twofold objective; to support and facilitate the emergence of new market-led and knowledge-based companies in the region and, forge strategic links between the college and the world of industry and commerce.