A Welcome Home for Your Business
Why the west of Ireland is the perfect place to locate
The Shannon Region is on the very western edge of Europe and is arguably one of its most interesting, culturally rich and scenically beautiful places. The region consists of counties Clare, Limerick, Tipperary, Offaly and Kerry. The region has an abundance of charms from the famous river Shannon and Lough Derg along its eastern boundary and a rugged Atlantic coastline with the towering Cliffs of Moher and golden beaches on its western front. To the north, Limerick is a county of quiet beauty and rural charm with a gentle undulating landscape ranging from the beautiful Golden Vale in the east to the tidal estuary Shannon Estuary in the west.
The west of Ireland is an incredibly popular tourism destination, not just for overseas visitors, but for people living all over Ireland too. The Shannon region specifically includes highlights like the family fun and historical, Bunratty Castle, the unique Burren landscape and the many, many quaint thatched villages and towns that provide visitors with the authentic Irish experience. The entire region is, of course, all made conveniently accessible by Shannon Airport.
Not only is there plenty to see in Shannon, but there is also plenty of activities spanning all interests. In Shannon you can find places for golf, windsurfing, music, fishing, surfing, hiking trails and more!
According to the IDA Ireland, 50% of foreign direct investment companies (FDIs) choose to locate in the Shannon Region. There are a number of reasons why businesses want to talk to us about locating here, including:
- Low tax 12.5% corporate tax rate, double taxation treaties, flexible labour laws and multiple supports for businesses
- Highly skilled, educated and experienced workforce and 1st in the world for availability of skilled labour
- Shannon is home to the world’s first free trade zone
- Property in and around Shannon Airport with easy access to air freight and air support services
- Excellent road and rail networks
- An enviable geographic location on the western tip of Europe, a springboard into EMEA but still with close proximity to North America
- Frequent flights and shortest distance from Europe
- This is the “Best place to do business in Europe”, according to Forbes in 2013
- The Eurozone’s only English speaking country
- Leading companies are in Ireland – Pfizer, Facebook, State Street, Microsoft, Dell, Siemens, Boston Scientific, etc.
- Innovation – fostered by science and research collaboration
- Great quality of life, rich in culture and always in the top 10 friendliest countries in the world
- The Universities and Technology Institutes have developed close links to grow R&D facilities and strengthen product development synergies.