A Welcome Home for Your Business
Why the west of Ireland is the perfect place to locate
According to the IDA Ireland, 50% of foreign direct investment companies (FDIs) choose to locate in the Shannon Region. There are a number of reasons why businesses want to talk to us about locating here, including:
- Low tax 12.5% corporate tax rate, double taxation treaties, flexible labour laws and multiple supports for businesses
- Highly skilled, educated and experienced workforce and 1st in the world for availability of skilled labour
- Shannon is home to the world’s first free trade zone
- Property in and around Shannon Airport with easy access to air freight and air support services
- Excellent road and rail networks
- An enviable geographic location on the western tip of Europe, a springboard into EMEA but still with close proximity to North America
- Frequent flights and shortest distance from Europe
- This is the “Best place to do business in Europe”, according to Forbes in 2013
- The Eurozone’s only English speaking country
- Leading companies are in Ireland – Pfizer, Facebook, State Street, Microsoft, Dell, Siemens, Boston Scientific, etc.
- Innovation – fostered by science and research collaboration
- Great quality of life, rich in culture and always in the top 10 friendliest countries in the world
- The Universities and Technology Institutes have developed close links to grow R&D facilities and strengthen product development synergies.